Today, August 1, is Marie's birthday, which perhaps she is celebrating in some way, in the heavenly realm where she now resides. I only have the fond memories of such a wonderful spouse and best friend, who I continue to miss in so many ways.
 |
| Zion National Park |
We enjoyed traveling to different parts of Canada and the USA. Road trips gave lots of opportunities to explore God's creation, and enjoy doing things together. Over our many times traveling we visited so many national parks and national wildlife areas. In fact in the US alone, we visited at least 70 national parks, and some of them, such as Great Sand Dunes National Park, on several occasions. Some of our favourites, in alphabetical order: |
| Badlands |
 |
Banff |
 |
| Great Sand Dunes |
 |
Great Sand Dunes |
 |
| Jasper |
 |
| Saguaro |
 |
| Yosemite |
No question that I miss Marie immensely, but I have so many great memories, and not only in our travels. Just some of the things I have to remember on a mostly daily basis, are that she was kind,
creative, thoughtful, practical, frugal, smart, mischievous (in a good way),
loving, cute, gentle, supportive, productive, lovable, fun, patient, generous,
a great mother to our kids, playful, busy, talented, etc. No, she wasn't perfect, but God knew she was perfect for me and I thank Him several times a day for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment